The Hart County Board of
In attendance were Chairman Joel
Moore, Commissioners Ken Brown, Harry Hannah and R. C. Oglesby. Commissioner
Burdick was connected via speakerphone. Also attending were County Attorney
Chairman Moore called the meeting to order at
Agenda question - after discussion about where agenda requests should be scheduled, it was decided that such requests should be in the Public Comment section of the agenda. If a request is accompanied by a topic, it should be listed and the BOC encouraged to update themselves on the topic. Speaker would not be limited to that topic but their time may be limited as always. The BOC may at their inclination and discretion, take action on any matter presented to them.
· Concerning Tom Habel's request to the Industrial Building Authority, their response was they would offer the same condition to Mr. Habel as they had to Ram Tech.
Gateway meeting scheduled for
· Close to tying up of all the loose ends surrounding the DFACS lease and property
· Representative Powell briefed on the county's position for the Prison II expansion
Briefed the BOC on the history of our watershed
Public Defender's contract to remain the same
· Justice Department must receive SPLOST vote paperwork 60 days before November 7, vote
· Additional BOC input requested. None was offered. DH conferences begin July 10
Wednesday to select top three candidates and determine salary recommendation.
Matter to be discussed at the
Charles Rice request to have the
· RFQ's have been requested for the Recreation Master Plan. To date about 10 inquiries have been received. Deadline is July 19
· A very brief discussion was had on the new ability of an ISO 9 fire department to participate in a retirement program. Monthly cost is $15/month/firemen
· Four proposals for a new E911 System have been received
· The 2000 Scrap Tire Grant in the amount of $37,5000 has been received. Acceptance to be on the Consent Agenda
· Official acceptance of RAP Grant to be on the Consent Agenda
· Hodges Mill/Tefel Water Project was discussed. Their situation is somewhat similar to other situations in the county. It was decided to turn this matter over to the Water Sewer Authority for their consideration and implementation
Need for an intersection improvement project at
Hwy 29S and
· SPLOST final discussion on allocations. Everyone in agreement on allocations but not necessarily on how to present. Only percentages and amounts to be acted upon. Matter to be on Consent Agenda. Allocation to be designated as "provisional" until water agreements reached.
· Tom Hardigree asked what criteria needed for use of the Courthouse grounds? Question resulted from the previous weekend's event where groups and individuals were not allowed to exercise their right to assembly and speech. Basically they were told if they had not rented a booth space they could not use the courthouse grounds. The discussion concluded that the only permission granted to the Service League was their use of the grounds but that was not an exclusive use. Matter will be discussed with the Service League before next year's event
A copy of the new Augusta/Richmond County
Ordinance on the regulation of video poker games or arcades was discussed. The
The meeting was adjourned at
Joel Moore, Chairman Gary S. Cobb,